Your audition will consist of 3 parts:
* Vocal Audition
* Dance Audition
* Fill out Audition Form (Google form)
* If you are interested in Stage crew, you do not need to send in Vocal or Dance audition, but please fill out Audition Form and film a short video stating your name, age, grade entering, and why you want to be a part of stage crew.
All video submissions should be sent to:
Students should prepare 32 bars (approximately 1 minute of ANY style solo and upload an unlisted link to youtube (see instructions below.) Songs should be performed with accompaniment without any lead vocals.
Students should watch the audition dance tutorial and film themselves dancing making sure to get the entire body in the video. Upload unlisted link to Youtube. Please see dance tutorial link below.
Students should fill out the Google Audition Form at bottom of this page
How to submit your audition video:
1) Videos must be submitted as an unlisted Youtube Link: Directions in the links listed below.
How to upload a video via Youtube:
How to make your Youtube video Unlisted:
Where to send your Youtube video audition link?
Video audition links need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
(You will receive a confirmation email that we received your audition) If you don't receive this...we did not receive your audition link. Video submissions are due by May 22nd.
Vocal Audition Video Instructions:
1) Please film from the chest up. We want to see your facial expressions.
2) You can film with your smart phone, iPad or Laptop or any device that will format to Youtube.. If using a phone, please film horizontally- NOT vertically.
3) If possible, film in front of a blank basic wall or backdrop.
4) At the start of the video please list your Slate (State your name, age, grade entering, where you go to school and what you'll be singing).
5) Please sing 16-32 Bars of a song that showcases your voice. This usually is about one minute.
Film your dance video so we can see your whole body. At the beginning of the video please list your Slate (State your name, age, grade entering and where you attend school)
Students auditioning for "Soundwave" (High School) should perform the ENTIRE DANCE.
Students auditioning for "Vocal Velocity" (Middle School) only need to learn through section 3 (marker 5:57 in video)